A small area of the museum has been claimed as the Keeping Room or gift shop.
Items are for sale for persons of all ages to remember their visit to the 1852 Herr Family Homestead.
This book was prepared as a fund raiser by the Amos Herr House Foundation . Inside the more than 100 page spiral bound book, along with many favorite recipes of the membership are cooking terms, a calorie counter, microwave hints, measurement substituations and a fun section called helpful hints. The book is available for purchase in Emma’s Keeping Room (gift shop). For more information, contact the foundation by phone 717-898-8822 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The remaining Vintage Street Signs are for sale at $20.00 each. To check for signs that are still available, email your request to the Foundation at email@example.com.
Vintage Street signs are still available although rather limited Call 898-8822 for information.
Salunga Post Office
The Salunga Post Office was part of Hiestand’s Store on Main Street in Salunga. The post office closed on April 30, 1960. The Eastern Mennonite Missions located at 53 West Brandt Boulevard, Salunga, operated the post office. Upon closing in the late 1980’s they dismantled it and donated it to the Amos Herr House Foundation and Historical Society on May 18, 2000 where it was stored in the corn crib until 2017. The board members checked the dimensions of the post office and basement and a decision was made to move the Salunga Post Office into Emma’s Keeping Room located in the basement of the 1852 Amos Herr House.where it is now on display.